Friday 2 December 2016

Exquisite Heritage Exhibition 28 January to 12 February 2017


I'm really looking forward to my next exhibition in Stamford Arts Centre, along with friends Liz Hunt and Lynne Collins. This is a culmination of at least 5 years worth of research and work, and is an ongoing area of delight for me!
I will be showing works inspired by heritage textiles from Ham HAll and Oxborough Hall, both National Trust properties plus works inspired by the Va& A collections. I have added Chinese influences lately and works for the future will include Japanese textile inspired works.
A new area of work which really excites me, mainly because I have successfully managed to resin a 3-D object at last, is sculptural dress forms. I will be showing the bodice section in January, of a larger life size piece which I hope to have finished in the next 6 months. Always a long process!
I will be posting photos of the early stages of construction on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment